Thursday 22 September 2011

My E-books

This is a completely new blog so, as you can imagine, I'm not being too adventurous. The blog is intended to be a news page that gets updated much more frequently than my web site (www.johnpaxtonsheriff.com). It's now the evening of September 22, and it's been quite a day - or couple of days.  


I've been busy re-formatting manuscripts. From today, two of my crime books featuring Jack Scott, Sian Laidlaw and Calum Wick are available as e-books on Amazon Kindle. They are A Confusion of Murders and The Clutches of Death. Both books were originally published as hardback editions by Robert Hale, and as large print editions by Thorpe (Ulverscroft).


Their presence on Kindle not only makes them much more widely available, but the price is right. VAT makes a difference, but the cost to download each title in the UK is a little over one pound sterling. In US dollars I think it's 1.56. Wonderfully cheap!


Unfortunately, nothing ever goes smoothly. What is it they say, hope for the best, but expect the worst? Well, it's not quite that bad, but at the moment my name as author is incomplete. If you want to search for me by author name rather than book title, look for John Sheriff. Over the next couple of days that should be put right, and then you will go looking for John Paxton Sheriff. Also, another book will soon be available: A Bewilderment of Crooks, the second Jack Scott mystery (the others are books 1 and 2 in the series, and I'm currently working on number 6).


So, if you own a Kindle then look for me (with the wrong name) or my books by title. You'll enjoy them, but either way I'd appreciate it if you'd post an honest appraisal on Amazon's star system.


More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment